Did you know that the Indian home textile market size is currently estimated at $9.60 billion in 2024 and is expected to reach USD 15.36 billion by 2029?
The market for bed linen held the largest share of over 30% in 2023.
It’s clear that consumers are not just buying more, but they’re also becoming increasingly selective about their choices.
In this dynamic market, understanding the difference between bed linen types – quilts, coverlets, duvets, and comforters – becomes crucial. Each type offers unique benefits and caters to specific needs, making your selection a decision that impacts the comfort and style of your home.
In this article, we’ll understand in detail about each type, when to use which one, and what makes them special. This way, the next time you want to make your bedroom look nice or feel more comfortable, you’ll know exactly what to pick.
Let’s get started!
What Is a Quilt?
A quilt is a bed cover, like a blanket, made by sewing together three layers of fabric. In most cases, the quilt would have binding on the edges. Think of it as a sandwich:
- The top layer, the part you see and admire, is usually made of different pieces of fabric stitched together, creating beautiful patterns.
- The middle layer is what makes the quilt warm and cozy. It is the filling which is usually made of cotton or wool.
- The bottom layer is just a single piece of fabric.
All these layers are stitched together, often with fancy patterns. Along with keeping you warm, quilts can also make your bed look very pretty. Indian quilts especially represent traditional designs and bright colors, reflecting their rich culture.
Depending on the quantity of filling used, they can be either lightweight or heavy, so you can choose one based on how warm you want to feel. At OmSakthi-A-Overseas, we take pride in creating quilts that are more than just bed covers. They are a blend of comfort, tradition, and style.
The quality and design of our quilts offer you the perfect balance of warmth and beauty, making your bedroom a comfortable and inviting space.
What Is a Coverlet?
A coverlet is a lightweight bed cover that you can use to add a bit of style and color to your bed. The primary difference between coverlets and quilts is that coverlets are thinner because they don’t have a middle layer of filling like quilts.
They are perfect for warmer nights. Just like quilts, coverlets come in many beautiful designs and colors. They can have pretty patterns, or you can even choose one of just a single color.
You can either use them separately or spread them over your bed with other bedding like a quilt or a comforter. They are also easy to maintain and can be great for giving your room a fresh, new look, without much effort.
What Is a Duvet?
A duvet is like a fluffy, comfortable bag filled with soft materials like feathers or a synthetic alternative. It’s designed to keep you relaxed and cozy during sleep.
Unlike quilts and coverlets, a duvet is usually plain and white, and it’s meant to be used with a duvet cover. A duvet cover is to a duvet what a pillow cover is to a pillow, but of course bigger. These are also available in many different colors and designs.
These covers make it super easy to change the look of your bed without having to buy a new duvet each time. Use them to keep your bedroom looking stylish and new.
If you like keeping your bedding fresh and clean, duvet covers are helpful as you can wash just the duvet cover, instead of having to wash the whole duvet.
What Is a Comforter?
A comforter is a fluffy, thick blanket designed for ultimate comfort and warmth. What makes it different from a duvet is its use and style.
A comforter comes as a single piece with its color and design already in place, eliminating the need for a separate cover, unlike a duvet. Due to being one-piece, comforters are a hassle-free stylish option to choose for your bed.
They’re usually quilted or stitched in a way that the filling doesn’t shift, to ensure even warmth throughout.
Since they are available in different varieties of thicknesses, you can choose accordingly to suit your climate needs.
Our collection at OmSakthi-A-Overseas includes comforters that are not just about warmth but also about enhancing the look and feel of your bedroom.
Which One to Choose for Your Bedding?
Now that you understand the difference between quilts, coverlets, duvets, and comforters and know their use case, you might be wondering which one is the best choice for your bed.
Which one to choose for your bedding depends on your needs and preferences:
- For warmth and tradition: If you love traditional designs and need something warm, a quilt might be your best choice. You can check out our quilts, which are made with soft fabric, are skin-friendly, machine-washable, and come in various designs and will obviously keep you warm in cold weather conditions.
- For lightness and style: If you live in a warmer climate or prefer a lighter layer on your bed, consider a coverlet. It’s perfect for adding a splash of style without the extra warmth.
- For versatility and ease: If you like changing the look of your bedroom frequently, a duvet with a removable cover is ideal. Available in both traditional and contemporary designs, our duvet covers come in a variety of colors and shades, adding a special touch to your bed and the room.
- For simplicity and comfort: If you’re looking for something simple yet cozy, a comforter is a great choice. It’s easy to use and doesn’t require a cover. Our bed comforters come with distinct qualities, and you can use them through all seasons. They add a decorative touch and are a perfect addition to your bedroom. Not only that, they are also very easy to clean.
Whichever option you choose based on your style, comfort needs, climatic conditions, or any other factor, we, at OmSakthi-A-Overseas, have something to suit your every business’s preference. So, why wait? Go ahead and order bed linen in bulk for your retail business, hotel, hospital, or any other requirement.
OmSakthi-A-Overseas is a leading textile manufacturing company India that manuafcture and exports textile products such as bed linen, kitchen linen, bed sheets, and many more.