Indian textiles have a rich heritage.
India is the most sought-after destination for buying home textiles due to several reasons. Adapting to changes in technology, the Indian textile manufacturing sector has always been ready for the changing panorama of buyers.
The country is home to high-quality textiles made available at reasonable prices. In this blog, you will learn about the benefits of sourcing textiles from India and more.
Textile Manufacturing Landscape In India
The Indian textile industry is diverse, with unique native varieties from every part of the country. India has a 5% share in the global textile trade and accounts for 7% of the global home textile trade.
It is one of the largest textile producers and exporters in the world. It is anticipated that Indian textile exports are expected to reach US$65 billion by the year 2026.
Textile manufacturing is spread across states like Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal. Each of these states produces distinct and high-quality home textiles, apparel, handlooms, etc.
Combined with a rich tradition, innovation, and technology are fueling significant advancements in the textile industry. Textile manufacturers across the country have started adopting sustainable practices, like producing eco-friendly fabrics, which have added yet another dimension to the textile landscape of India.
There are nearly 70 manufacturing clusters, accounting for 85% of the production of total Indian textiles. Some of the popular textile manufacturing hubs are:
- Maharashtra (Mumbai, Kolhapur, Sholapur, Aurangabad, Akola)
- Tamil Nadu (Coimbatore, Salem, Erode, Karur, Chennai, Tiruppur)
- Gujarat (Surat, Ahmedabad)
- Punjab and Haryana (Panipat, Ludhiana)
Why Should You Source Textiles From India?
Significant benefits can be reaped by businesses engaged in textile imports from India. Let us delve deeper to learn what they are:
India offers a wide range of textiles that includes traditional, natural, and synthetic fabrics. They suit the preferences of various categories of clients. The availability of excellent choices makes India one of the best places to source textiles.
Low Labor Cost
In India, labor cost is significantly less compared to its crucial competitor, China. The textile industry is labor-intensive, and if a huge amount is spent on labor, it will reflect in the prices of textiles.
Due to the low cost involved, India is able to supply fabrics at competitive prices, making it a favorite exporter.
The workforce in the home textile industry in India is highly skilled. They have knowledge of the rich heritage of the country’s textile crafts, which makes the produce export-friendly. Importers are able to source skilfully crafted textiles with a wide variety of choices from various parts of the country.
Home textile manufacturing industries have upgraded infrastructure facilities with capabilities of producing high-quality products. Machinery and equipment have been upgraded with modern technology to improve productivity and, thereby, supplies.
With a well-established supply chain, the Indian textile industry has been able to facilitate the timely delivery of products.
Raw Material Availability
India is the largest producer of cotton and a significant producer of wool, jute, silk, etc. As these are used as raw materials in the home textile industry, consistent supply has been a great support for the exports. Local availability of raw materials in abundance has enabled cost reduction, the benefit of which is reaped by the buyer.
India has slowly moved to sustainable practices, like the use of eco-friendly fabrics in the manufacture of home textiles. This is an environment-friendly practice and is a remarkable benefit when sourcing textiles from India.
The Indian textile industry is focused on exports. With in-depth knowledge of international requirements, our home textile industry is known for producing high-quality textiles. This has offered an advantage to international buyers, along with cost savings.
Caters to smaller orders
In the Indian textile landscape, there are a variety of manufacturers, including those who can supply smaller orders. Importers are free from the worry of ordering in large quantities while sourcing from India.
Things To Remember While Sourcing Textiles From India
Sourcing textiles is a crucial decision for an importer. Given the wide landscape of Indian textiles, there are a plethora of varieties available for sourcing. Here are some points to note while sourcing fabrics from India:
- Look for the facilities available with the manufacturer. There are various stages in the production of home textiles. When these processes pass through multiple hands, the final cost tends to increase compared to manufacturers engaged in the complete cycle of processes.
- There are various textile hubs in India, each specializing in unique heritage textiles. This has to be considered while sourcing textiles from India. Make your choice of location based on your requirement. You can explore multiple varieties of textiles in events organized specifically for this purpose.
- The home textile manufacturer should possess a valid license for export. This is yet another aspect to be checked by the importers before sourcing textiles from manufacturers. This helps prove their reliability.
- Importers should also check with the manufacturers regarding the formalities that need to be complied with. Regulations keep changing, and it is important to keep yourself updated before entering into a contract to avoid complications.
- Check for reviews online about the manufacturers. This will help identify the best one to import home textiles from India.
- Research to find manufacturers who supply for smaller orders too, in case your requirement is such. There are many suppliers who cater to small orders at affordable rates.
- Check for the availability of manufacturers producing eco-friendly home textiles. Shifting to sustainable textiles and manufacturing processes is important as it plays a great role in preserving the environment.
How Omsakthi-a-Overseas Can Help You?
Omsakthi-a-Overseas is one of the leading home textile manufacturers in India. With an expert team, we supply high-quality home furnishings made out of organic cotton. We offer an extensive range of home textiles, like bed linen, kitchen linen, table linen, outdoor linen, etc.
We are an SA 8000 and ISO-9001:2015 certified home textile manufacturer. We also have to our credit the TEX standard 100, SEDEX, and CT-PAT certifications, making us a reliable manufacturer in this segment.
All our products are backed by innovation and uniqueness. We envision becoming a household name in the home textiles category by manufacturing superior-quality products. Our mission is to enable transformation in the textile manufacturing process through research.
We are members of many associations, such as the Handloom Export Promotion Council, Cotton Export Promotion Council, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce, and Apparel Export Promotion Council.
Our manufacturing process is a unique blend of contemporary manufacturing facilities where traditional organic cotton is utilized to produce world-class products. With 30 years of experience, we are proud to be serving the international markets with consistent quality.
Your search for supreme-quality home textiles ends at Omsakthi-a-Overseas. Connect with us today.
OmSakthi-A-Overseas is a leading textile manufacturing company India that manuafcture and exports textile products such as bed linen, kitchen linen, bed sheets, and many more.